About Me

So I get asked, " Nyree, why are you doing this?" Well, I found myself working three straight weeks of 12-16 hour days during Hurricane Sandy. Meals provided, snacks and energy drinks brought with me to keep me awake all day and night. During that three weeks, I gained 30 lbs. I was already pretty heavy and that just added to it. One night when driving home from work, I found that my stomach was driving for me. I sucked it in all the way home and cried myself to sleep. The next day I went to work and on my breaks I researched my local hospital's bariatric program. And here I am lovies. Starting this wonderful trek to finding the real me.

Monday, June 3, 2013

Approved!

Well, I got the call. My insurance approved me!. Now I justt have to cal back in August to make my pre-op appt with the surgeon for Sept so that he can set a date in Oct. I was really excited about everything up until this weekend  when I actually thought about the morning of the surgery. going to the hospital and then needles and then being put under and waking up in recovery. Its kinda scary now. I have also completely kicked the Diet Coke! Tea was my gateway for about a month and now i have switched to completely water. I dont like flavored waters so plain is ok by me.

I have a ton of stuff stashed away for after surgery. From Protein powder samples to RTD shakes to liquid gummy and chewable vitamins to little cute lunch boxes for protioning out my food. I have also been trying some really good protein shake recipes.


Heres one:

1) vanilla protein powder serving and  liquid per directions( i used skim milk for more protein)
2)fat free lemon yogurt ( regular or greek)
3) handful of ice
4)teaspoon(or less if its too much) lemon extract

mix and let sit until foam settles ( it tastes really gross)

I make mine at night and drink next morning...

It tastes like lemon cake batter.

Enjoy!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment