About Me

So I get asked, " Nyree, why are you doing this?" Well, I found myself working three straight weeks of 12-16 hour days during Hurricane Sandy. Meals provided, snacks and energy drinks brought with me to keep me awake all day and night. During that three weeks, I gained 30 lbs. I was already pretty heavy and that just added to it. One night when driving home from work, I found that my stomach was driving for me. I sucked it in all the way home and cried myself to sleep. The next day I went to work and on my breaks I researched my local hospital's bariatric program. And here I am lovies. Starting this wonderful trek to finding the real me.

Monday, September 16, 2013

Approved (again)

I got my letter from the insurance company today. I was approved. I say again because my Dr's office put my surgery in to insurance back in April when I was finished with everything. I wasn't ready then.  I am now. 22 days and i'm starting to get nervous. This is my last full week of work. Dr appts next week and support group and Pre op testing.. If everything goes the way I planned, liquid diet starts 10/4. The same night as out monthly Tacos with friends night. I wont be eating with them..

So yeah, nervous... I think scared too.. the last time I was in the hospital I was dating someone that didn't care. I was in the hospital for a week with no visitors or anything. It really bums a person to know you aren't loved. That's not the case anymore.. Tim is amazing and supportive and has crazy mad love for me..

Pretty soon I will be on the losers bench... yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment