About Me

So I get asked, " Nyree, why are you doing this?" Well, I found myself working three straight weeks of 12-16 hour days during Hurricane Sandy. Meals provided, snacks and energy drinks brought with me to keep me awake all day and night. During that three weeks, I gained 30 lbs. I was already pretty heavy and that just added to it. One night when driving home from work, I found that my stomach was driving for me. I sucked it in all the way home and cried myself to sleep. The next day I went to work and on my breaks I researched my local hospital's bariatric program. And here I am lovies. Starting this wonderful trek to finding the real me.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Start weight 253.5

Starting the journey to a new me has had me obsessing over every aspect of this journey. Today I decided I'm going to taste everything I'm going to need to eat and drink. I was more aware and guilty feeling eating dinner last night and breakfast this morning. I ate half my breakfast and waited 30 minutes to drink. Ot was hard. The protein drink was gritty. I stopped and picked up some oh yeah shakes and isopure drink to try out. More aware of my protein and fluid consumption too. I'm hoping by starting now I can easily manage it when I need to. Here is to a new me!

No comments:

Post a Comment